Saturday, July 9, 2011

Just What the Doctor Ordered


After last Wednesday's 6-mile tempo run (cut short by a mile due to right knee pain), I decided to replace my insoles in my second pair of running shoes. I had already done it in my K-Swiss Konejo II. I rested for a couple of days, and this morning went out hoping to complete my 6-mile scheduled run without a glitch. Apparently the insoles worked because the run went very well. No pain. No discomfort. Just plain hot. When I finished at 8am I cooled down with the front yard hose. My shirt and shorts were already drenched in sweat anyway. Didn't join my running group this morning. I overslept by an hour. Maybe I had one too many glasses of wine with dinner last night. Maybe it was the black Sambuca. Had some shrimp "tallarines" (noodles) at Lima in the Miramar district of San Juan. Thinking about doing a short 3-miler tomorrow morning. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment